Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 56 - November 10, 2014



This week was AWESOME! 
It started of weird and pretty bad on Monday though. After we got off the computers, we found out that an hermana had gotten robbed in the same place we were at while she was writing. Someone stole her backpack and she didnt even notice. It was raining hard too so that just adds a good effect. Then after our day, we were getting followed by two guys on a moto that kept passing us. Then we went to buy milk and one of them followed us around the store. We made sure he was following us and then we took a good speed walk home. Nothing happened but it scared the heck out of us haha. 
This week I also did divisions with Elder Salomè from Perù. He is super cool and he wants to go study at BYU after the mission. We had a great time and I love doing divisions with other missionaries. I studied Italian for language study that day too. While I was there, I did a baptismal interview for a girl that was getting baptized. She is young and her parents havent been active, but hopefully she can help them get all back to church. She was awesome. 
One day we got called by some Sisters in our zone and they asked us if we could go to their area to give one of them a blessing. It was really humbling to be trusted by this hermana and to be able to give her a blessing! Always gotta be ready! 
We had a Family Home Evening with the Smith family. The whole Smith family came. All the kids, spouses, and grandkids. It was quite a festival. We invited Flor to come with us and she came. It was with all the missionaries in Montevideo. I was in the choir and we performed High on the Mountain Top. It was awesome. It was a great activity about the restoration and families. Then it was fun to talk to a bunch of Smiths when it was all over. 
Saturday we had the BAPTISM of Virginia! I was able to baptize her and it was so awesome! It was a pretty well prepared baptism and everything went very well! She also asked me to confirm her on Sunday. That was really cool too. On Sunday I was running all over the stage. I was playing piano, confirming Virginia, and then I gave a talk. I gave a talk about the Doctrine of Christ. The mission leader and bishop told me I dropped cane but they liked it a lot. The mission leader told me that it was one of the best talks ever because I just read and explained the scriptures. I didnt have anything written down, I just read DOCTRINE. It was a pretty sweet Sunday. 
One of the cool things that happened is after the baptism, we went to one more lesson before the day ended and we gave the investigator a baptismal date for next month. We need to keep finding people though! 

Overall, pretty awesome week. I feel so grateful to be a missionary. Its super weird to think I have been here for over 13 months now. I love all of it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment