Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 65 - January 12, 2015 - Goodbye San Fernando...off to Riveria





TRANSFER INFORMATION: I am out of San Fernando after 6 months. I am going to Rivera! It borders Brasil (separated by literally just a normal road) and I will be in Brasil every single P-day! I will be with Elder Adasme, who is a newer missionary with about 6 months. I know him already and he is pretty funny! I am excited about it! I am going to the Santa Isabel area, which is a hard area and very poor from what I have heard. I am excited to learn a bit more Portuguese and hopefully I wont be too lost! 

This week was pretty good though! I have a couple funny stories.
1. I went to order ice cream last pday. As soon as I ordered, Elder Cline said he had to RUN to the bathroom. We had to ask around and we finally found a sketchy place on the side of the road. However, it was occupied. Elder Cline was dying and he literally yelled "hermana!!!!" because he thought he was going to have an accident in his pants! It all turned out good though. I got a nice laugh too! 
2. We helped a guy pull his four wheeler out of a ditch on the side of the road. He wasnt looking and literally just turned to tight and fell in a swampy looking ditch. I felt so sorry for the guy but we got a good laugh. 

We had a conference with President Smith at the beginning of the week, which was awesome. We got taught about the new key indicators for the mission, which are crazy. Now we will just be counting Baptisms, Attendance of church, Members Progressing, Investigators Progressing with a baptismal date, New investigators found while working with members, and total hours working with members. Its going to be a tough change, but it will be super good! 
I did divisions with one of our ZLs, Elder Moffat, who is finishing his mission tomorrow and heading back to Idaho. He is a stud and I worked in his area. Its a giant hill and its just flying. They have been working super hard. 
This week has been pretty good, but mostly full of conferences, meetings, and good byes. I really love this area and its become my favorite area I have had so far in the mission! I am ready and excited for something new though! 
Mom and Dad (and maybe Isaac), when you all come here, we will have quite a fun ride from my first 4 areas (within 3 hours of eachother). But then we will have to make a fun 7 hour drive to Rivera!!!!!!!! I think this will probably be my second to last area! 

I hope everyone had a great week! Shoutout to all my studly brothers, who all destroyed in their wrestling tournaments this week! I love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment