Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 76 - April 6, 2015



CHANGES! This week I am getting a new companion here in Salto. Sadly, Elder Huntsman is leaving and going to Cerro Casabó which is one of the best areas in the mission. Its pretty dangerous but I am getting him excited for it! I am going to be with 

Elder Mori from Peru. He has almost a year in the mission. I havent heard much about him but I am excited to see how it goes! This Thursday I will have 18 months as a missionary and I cant believe time is flying as it is. I am going to be DL (6 months and still going strong) still and I have only 6 missionaries now in my district. Elder Huntsman and I were not expecting to leave eachother but President told us that he felt that it would be best for us! I am excited to see whats in for us this change in Salto! 

This week was pretty interesting in terms of the work. We had a ward council meeting and our leaders were pretty lame. We are trying to help the ward so hard and we dont get a lot of help from our leaders. 
I did divisions this week with Elder Aphowriseth from Argentina. He is a new missionary who is finishing up his training. He is a super cool kid though. We had a lot of great lessons and I really enjoyed all of my experiences there except my cold shower in the morning! 
This morning we went to seminary. We got invited because the youth wanted to say goodbye to Elder Vargas and Elder Huntsman who are leaving. There was a good amount of kids there at 6am and I was really surprised! It was super fun to go! It was my comps first time in seminary though hahaha. 
We found a lot of new investigators this week and we are working with all of them to try and help them understand the importance of what we do! 

GENERAL CONFERENCE! Dang I love general conference in the mission. Its so ridiculously awesome. I had a couple questions that I had answered and I am so grateful for later day prophets and apostles that are called by our Heavenly Father! 
My favorite talks were these:

Study Conference!!!! Seriously I got so much out of it! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! I know that these leaders are truly called of God! The Gospel is so amazing and I am so grateful that I have been able to be in the service of the Lord for almost 18 months now! How great is my calling! I love you all! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment