Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 75 - March 30, 2015



Hey yall! This week was great!!! We had Agustins baptism and it was amazing! He was incredibly prepared for it! It went very smoothly. We had good talks and then with the four missionaries in our ward we all sang Nearer My God to Thee and it sounded great. I had the priviledge to baptize Agustin and we just did it once so SUCCESS!! 
We also had interviews with President this week! My interview was so great, I love that President and I have such a great relationship because we talk about anything. He asked how Elder Huntsman and I are doing together and I told him we are the best of friends. He told me that Elder Huntsman says the same thing so we will probably be staying together another change! We will see for sure about that this week! 
We had a great week this week. The weather started to cool down a couple days and we even broke out the sweaters which was so nice! I love sweater weather. We met Yamila, who is a 29 year old member of the church. She is living with her boyfriend Gabriel who is 25. He is a carpinter and she is does workout camps (kind of like mommas camp gladiator workouts I assume) but she works out of her house. Gabriel is not a member and we are teaching him now. We can only meet with them once a week so thats kind of annoying but they are super cool. We are really excited to be able to work with them!
We had ward conference this week and the stake leaders dropped cane! They were talking about being worthy to get a temple recommend and paying tithing. I loved it though! We had 107 people at church and we keep raising almost every week! 
Elder Huntsman and I are both reading the book Jesus the Christ and getting to the end. We have really been able to understand a little bit more of what Jesus Christ went through and how voluntary his sacrifice really was. Its humbling to understand that sacrifice that he gave so willingly for us. I memorized D&C 20:37 this last week and studied it a lot. We need to be so much better as members of the Church!!!! 

Overall, we had a great week. It will be interesting to get changes this week but we are excited for them! I hope you are all doing great! I love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment