Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 74 -March 23, 2015



Hey crew! This week was pretty darn awesome. We are going to have an even better week this week though! We are going to be having interviews with President Smith tomorrow and  a baptism on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Last Pday was pretty fun. We have a secret room above our house and we decided to go explore. We snuck into it and it lead to three other apartments right by us. Then I cut Elder Hodges hair, which was a first! I got a good couple years of watching and learning by my dad though! 
On Tuesday we were on a trio with Elder Hodges because his companion was at concilio. We had a great time and we were laughing the whole time. Then he went on splits with a kid from his ward. He is a new elder and he struggled being with a teenager because they talk super fast but he got through it! 
We had a legit lesson with Dario from our ward. He has been inactive for a while but he has a calling in the elders quorum presidency. We taught him the doctrine of Christ and he asked us after the lesson when we had ward council. We told him that he had it tomorrow and he showed up the next day! He then went to our ward activity and to church on Sunday! Then he left with the other missionaries of the ward! The Doctrine of Christ works MIRACLES! 
In the district meeting this week I taught about the gathering of Israel and had an activity that had to do with throwing a football. The gringos killed it! 
I did divisions with Elder Bedoya this week, who is one of our zone leaders. He is from Colombia and wants to be an English teacher. He is a stud missionary and I loved my time with him. I was happy to go back with Elder huntsman though! We seriously get along so well and we missed eachother! 
Our ward activity this week was legit. We played jeopardy and we had about 30 people there. It turned out great and everyone had a great time! 
Saturday we had the interview for Agustin, who is getting baptized this next Saturday! It was an hour long interview and I played piano for an hour which was super nice! He passed the interview and we were super stoked about it! He is really really prepared. 
Saturday night the other Elders in our ward had a baptism so we went to that. I got asked to give a talk 10 minutes before it started but it went well! The baptism was very well planned and we hope to do something similiar this week! 

Big marker this week: I have six months left on my mission! Its crazy how fast time is flying by. I am loving it so much right now. Elder Huntsman and I are the best of friends and our area is doing amazing right now! 

Quote of the week: "Effort is required, but it is effort you will never

No comments:

Post a Comment