Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 72 - March 2, 2015

Hey everyone! I have sent out my Letter from Elder Cordy to a lot of people but I want to revise and know who wants a copy of it every week! Please respond and tell me you want a copy from here on out if you want my emails every week! Thanks! 

This week I left Rivera and headed to Salto! 
I had some pretty crazy travels. I went from Rivera to Santana do Livramento in Brazil. I took a bus from Santana to Quarai en Brazil. Then I took a taxi to Artigas and hung out with Elder Baggett for a couple hours until my last bus left for Salto. I traveled alone from Artigas to Salto! That was my first time traveling alone on the mission but luckily I behaved myself. 

I am in Salto Obelisco with Elder Huntsman. Elder Huntsman is from Utah but his family is living in The Woodlands Texas right now (Houston area). He just finished getting trained by famous Elder Caires Franca so he has about 4 months in the mission. They had a hard time together though and he was excited to get a new companion. He is seriously really awesome though. He is totally goofy and is a stud missionary already. We get along great. We live in a SUPER nice house with two other elders which is fun. Elder Johnson from Utah is in his last change and Elder Hodges from Arizona is in his second change and they are our house mates. They are super cool. 

One surprise that I got when I arrived to Salto was that I heard that I am district leader again! I have a bunch of studs in my district so I am super excited. 
Salto is super great so far. Its a pretty big city and the people here are the nicest I have met in this country! Our area is hard though. They have one progressing investigator who I still havent met so we have just been trying to find a ton of people. 
Our ward yesterday had 98 people. I played the piano and kept that streak going. Apparently its a big ward but most of the people are new and they dont have a lot of great leaders. We will see how it goes. After singing in a class, a sister in our ward invited me and my companion to be part of the stake choir. We went to the practice and they were learning If you could Hie to Kolob in Italian... Interesting but super fun.

So far I am LOVING Salto though! Its a great place and I love the group of missionaries here! I feel lost in my area after just a couple days but I am really enjoying my time and I hope that it stays like this! 

Quote of the week: "Father, Forgive them, for they know not what they do." - Jesus Christ. I believe this is maybe the most powerful statement in the Bible. After Jesus Christ was beaten, spit upon, mocked, denied, and took upon all the sins of the whole world, he asked that his heavenly father would forgive the people that were literally torturing him to death. What a perfect example.

1 comment:

  1. Are you not going to post here anymore? I want emails if not! Love reading about Elder Cordy's mission!

    ReplyDelete