Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 26 - April 12, 2014

Spiritual Lessons and Conference Thoughts
have been studying my study journal a lot that I have taken to meetings and otheractivities. I have a couple things I want to mention to you all.
1.
¿Qué es lo que tú deseas? What do you desire? We talked about this in Concilio. This is found in 1st Nephi I think around chapter 11. This is when theangel asked Nephi what he desired. At this moment in time,  Nephi wanted toknow the interpretation of the dream of the tree of lifethat his father Lehi had.We thought a lot more about it and broke  it down.  Another statement was fromGeneral Conference when Russell M. Nelson said ´Where is our faith?´ Is ourfaith in celebritiesteamspeopleor thingsThe other story is when OliverCowdery wanted to take his family the scriptures to show them how great and true it all was. Oliver asked the Lord and the Lord said no. The second time, hereceived the same answer. No. The last time, the Lord said yes, because of hispersistence. As we knowthese scriptures are now lost because there were takenfrom himThe point of these stories is to teach that we need to desire goodthingsbut not only thatwe need to try and find out what the Lords desires are.If we can find out what the Lord wantswe can make them our desiresThe goalis trying to make the Lords desires and our desires the same.
2.
See itOwn itSolve it. Do itThis is one of the things that President Smith hastaught usthat he has written in his New York Times best selling bookWhen wehave problemswe need to see itWhats the problemOwn itWhat can I do totake control and do my best to change itSolve itFind the best way to solve theproblem. Do it. Do all in your power, do be able to do what you think should bedone.
3.
Jeffrey RHollandSaturday morning, I believe that Jeffrey R. Holland said asentence that was more powerful than anything else during general conference. He said, ´I am more certain that this church is true more than I know that I amstanding here in front of you today.´  
4.
Obedience. I have learned a lot about obedience in the mission. I honestly havetestimony about obedience. I have seen the difference of my energy the nextdayEven if I go to say my prayers at 10:32, two minutes late, I feel way moretired the next dayAs a missionaryyou are constantly thinking about goodthings and trying to help othersYou can literally feel the spirit leave if it does. Ilove being able to be an example of Jesus Christ at ALL TIMES in EVERYTHING that we do. Robert D. Hales said that obeying and willinglyobeying are different. I have seen that a lotWe sometimes keep rules justbecause we know we shouldbut not because we really want toIts cool to thinkabout that. Elder Hales also said that you lead by exampleObedience is taughtby example. I have definitely seen all the leaders in the mission do thisJust leadby example. I have learned a lot from Elder Bullochone of my ZLs in Colonia.Everything he didwas almost perfect. He always smiledWalked with purpose.Always testifiedAbsolute stud. I also learned a lot from the APs while beinghere in the office. They have shown their fun and goofy sides with us tooTheyare always super fun to be aroundbut they never get out of control or forgettheir purpose. Great examples of humility too.
5.
Service. Elder Dieter F Uchtdorf said that there are UNLIMITED opportunitiesto serveIsnt that crazy to think aboutThe natural man always wants to seekprideThe greatest leaders I have seen and met in the mission and in life, dothings selflesslyThey dont worry about pride or the gloryThey do it becauseits the right thing to do. Our savior was chosen to come to this world, and toldthe Father that the glory be thineAnother cool quote from President Uchtdorfwas ´will web e able tos ay we rolled up our sleeves and worked with all ourheart might mind and strength?´ There are UNLIMITED opportunities to serve, so there are NO EXCUSES. I think about boot camp in football off seasonWeonly had three answers when coaches said something to us. Yes sir, no sir, or no excuse sir. I have tried to apply that with President Smith tooI try and alwaysdo the best that I can and do it fastest I can, with absolutely no excuses. Putothers interests before your own. I have had the chance to really practice that onthe missionWe have to really listen and think about what the people we serveneedLast quote from President Uchtdorf is, ´Being a disciple of Christi s aneffort for once and for all
Other great quotes from General Conference:
Are you the same person wherever you are, whenever it may be?´- President Thomas S. Monson
NEEDED is the courage of men like Daniel, Nephi, Joseph Smith, and Abinidi (I forget how to spell that name in English). –President Thomas S. Monson
The apostles didnt quit after Jesus diedthey worked hard becuase of theirtestimonies, and then they changed the world.  - Dieter F Uchtdorf
There are no endingsjust everlasting beginnings. – Dieter F Uchtdorf
No great how your message isyou will still need consistant and persistantfollow up. – M Russell Ballard
I am a competitor and I will do my bestbut I want my competitors to dotheir best too!
Bearing a load is an essential part of the plan of happiness. – David ABednar
Perhaps you may forget the kind words you say todaybut the recipient maycherish those words for a lifetime. – President Thomas S. Monson
Of all the titles our Heavenly Father could use, he chose the name Father. –Boyd K. Packer
Always be ready to receive that gente tug from the Spirit. – L. Tom Perry
Obedience is a choice. – L. Tom Perry
Christs reign over death solved the human predicamentNow there are onlypersonal predicaments. – D. Todd Christofferson

Weekly Journaling:
Sat Abr 5. Today we woke up at 4:30 to go pick up the Elder who came down from Rivera. I got a phone call at 11:30 from Elder Arbon the night before letting me know we needed to go. We got there at 5, and waited for his bus until 6. Then we went top lay soccer. It was almost all the gringos with all the latinos, plus 2 gringos. It was sprinkling rain so it felt great. We worked as a team and once again beat the latinos, who are just skilled single man teams. Then we printed emails, got home to get clean, then we went to the offices and worked until conference started. I LOVED general conference! We watched it as North American missionaries in the offices. I took a bunch of notes and it was amazing how much I was able to learn and pick up. We wrote our families in between sessions. Then we confirmed the Elders flight home, and studied conference notes while Elder Woods did baptismal records.
Sun Abr 6. Today we woke up and took  the Elder to the airport. We came back to the offices and then we watched priesthood session of conference. I loved priesthood conference and felt like I got the answer to the question that I came into conference with. After that, we ate lunch and then reviewed precious talks. Then we watched the Sunday morning session. Then we snacked and chatted until the 2nd session. After the 2nd session, we talked with the members from the stake. I went back into the offices and found myself an email from my brother asking if I would fill out his Eagle scout recommendation. I almost cried when I read what he wrote to me. I told Elder Brown what happened and then a couple moments later, he turned around with tears in his eyes. He said he was thinking about his brother, who had given him his mentor pin when he got his Eagle. We both shared  a special Little moment, tears, and a hug. After I finished the recommendation, We had our weekly planning. We did that until it was time to go home.
Mon Apr 7. Today was pretty good and almost normal. We had our personal studies, then we picked up the APs, and drove to Presidents house. We had a meeting with President. The meeting was a lot of feedback from the last change and how we can do better next change. Hermana Smith set out things for us to make paninis. They were amazing sándwiches. We finished the meeting at 2 and then worked in the offices. We finished the meetings at 2 and then we worked in the offices. We had to do a lot of the bolsa prep because the Hatchs were learning and not super fast. We got the car washed, finished the bolsa prep, and headed to 3 cruces. We had to buy some tickets for special changes that President is doing tomorrow, and we happily enjoyed Milkshake Monday.
Tues Apr 8. Today is Calebs birthday! We woke up and went to Presidents hosue. We had two Brazilians come in today from the MTC. We got them from the airport with President, then took them to the mission home for a while. We left and took the 2 oros to 3C to stay and do divisions with some of the missionaries in our zone. We went out and got Elder Nuñez from Cerro, took him to his house in Oeste 10, let him pack, and drove to district meeting. We were only there for a Little bit, then we took the Brazilians to 3C so they could go to their areas. We worked in the offices until 5:30, and then we took Eklder Nuñez to 3C. He had to leave at 7:30 because we barely missed his bus, because of the traffic. We then stayed until 7:45 until Elder Gutierrez got there, then we all waited 30 more minutes until Elder Owen arrived. Then we took them to the Oeste 10 house so they can work there this week. Then we came home. Elder Woods started to cut my hair, then the Peruvian, Elder Sipan took over, with just scissors. The APs called us so we could go find them. I asked Elder Woods to go with Elder Santos da Silva but he wanted to sleep until I was done. He told me that the APs could wait. I wasnt too happy about that. Then I got out of the chair after Elder Sipan said he was done. I looked in the mirror and I almost wanted to cry at the first sight of the mohawk that I had. Literally a mohawk. I just decided to wash my hair, and then we went to pick up the APs. They had us stop at McDonalds because they were hungry, and we got to bed around 11:45.
Wed Apr 9. I woke up today and immediately cut my own hair so I would look alright. It does look better now. We had our personal study, and I restarted the BoM with a new scripture marking strategy. After the study, we went to take the APs to their area. Then we prepped things for our errands. First, we went to Asunción to pick up packages. Then we went to the aduana (customs) and got treated very poorly by this older lady. Then we went to get plaques and order some for ourselves. Then we went to pick up all the BoM orders at the distribution center. We literally filled Hermana Smiths car. Oh yeah, I have been driving Hermana Smiths car all day, because their family is coming in and they need the van. We finally ate lunch at 3:30, our first food for the day. Then we worked in the offices until 7:40 when we went to a birthday dinner for Elder Santos da Silva. We played a cool math game and ate tortas and cake. Then we took the APs back and got to bed at 11:30.
Thurs Apr 10. Today was pretty good. We had our preparación, we were about to start our studies, then the financers called us. We ended up going up to Carrasco to drop off mail and get more offices supplies. We worked in the offices until lunch. We went to a members house. He was older, super nice, and lunch wasnt bad. We worked in the offices until 5, I worked on hotels, flights, and reserving other things for the fieles and oros. Then we bought tickets and bolsas from 3C. Then we contacted some less active members and visited the familia Varela. We learned more about them and more why they dont go to church. Then we went to Cerro to get the APs, but they then told us they were in Flores, so we went home. I was in a great mood today!

Fri Apr 11. Today was pretty good! We studied, then we had BIZCOCHO VIERNES. Its a great start to the day. Bizcochos are awesome too. Yall are missing out in the states. I Then we worked in the offices. I am super ahead of the game with all my jobs. I work pretty hard and diligently now. I am already done with things I should start next week. We had milanesas from a member at lunch. Then we worked in the offices until 4, then we went to get plaques. Again, we went and got shut down because they hadnt done them. We come so often that they dont make us a priority, even if they say they will be done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment