Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week 36 -June 21, 2014

Wow this week was crazy. Change week. I went a week with little sleep and it was a lot of work, but we are done and ready for a new adventure! I didnt bring my journal this week so I wont be as detailed, but just imagine me running around Montevideo.

Sunday and Monday Jun 15-16. Ticket Day. It was a long night last night and even longer mentally doing it by myself. My comp still had work to do from the last change that he had to finish, and then in the middle of it all, Elder Brown and him got into a fight with hand stamps. Elder Brown ended up winning the over all fight, and Elder Castellanos ended up on the floor with a cut just below his eye. It was a pretty small cut and is healed now, but Elder Castellanos was so mad and shocked, that he told us he wanted to go to the hospital. Elder Brown was the only one that could take him to the hospital, so he did, even though my comp was furious with him. After all, he was fine. They put glue on it and that was it. We came home about 2 after I finished organizing all the tickets. After we bought the tickets in the morning, the APs called later that night and told us that one of the zones would not be changing for another week because of a stake meeting that they will be having this Sunday. There, we lost a lot of tickets and money. We organized all of that and then bought the tickets. That threw a wrench in what would be my perfect changes. 

Tuesday Jun 17. Today we got up really early to get ready to pick up the oros from the airport. When they answered our phone call, we were already in Cerro with the financers and APs. They were delayed for fog. Eventually, the fog disappeared, but that was around 12 oclock mid day. We had eaten the oros breakfast and had everything set for them to come. They got to Uruguay at 2:30and then we carried on with the day. It was a fun experience. I got to spend a lot of time with them, because every change one office Elder gets to hang out with the oros. I got to teach with the APs, translate for the North Americans, and eat their food. I was in charge of them all getting in the hotel rooms and ready for bed. Everyone decided to shower during the night except me, and they all got in bed around 12. 

Wed. Jun 18. Today we woke up at 6:00 to get ready. They all got ready but they took forever. They will learn pretty quick how to get ready and out the door. We were going to do the push up contest, but literally they were all ready late, except for the two Hermanas. CRAZY RIGHT?! They all went to take their health test at 7:00. President then told me that one of the missionaries hadnt been through the temple. President asked me to take him through the first part of the temple and it was really cool. Then I did baptisms in the temple with Elder Arbon, Elder Minert, and a corto plazo. That was the first time that I have ever had the opportunity to confirm anyone in the temple. It was AMAZING! After the oros all left for their new areas, I went out to work with the financers, because Elder Castellanos was out with Elder Arbon running errands. We went to a couple houses but no lessons. They have good attitudes though. Elder Holt is the new financer. He is from Spanish Fork Utah and he is about 5 foot NOTHING. Dead serious. Hilarious kid and he has about 10 months in the mission. 

Thur Jun 19. Today was almost a normal day in the offices. We got to watch the Uruguay vs England game. It was a heck of a game. Here in Uruguay, there are flags, shirts, scarfs, lo que sea ALL AROUND. Almost every single corner has someone selling something Celeste. We went to a less active families house. They invited a friend over too. I learned quite a few new words the first game against Costa Rica, but I yelled a lot the second game against England. After the game, There were fireworks, people running around like crazy, and everyone honking with no purpose. We stopped by Fernando and Joaquins house after the game. It was amazing because we havent been able to get a hold of him. He said today was the only day that he could have talked with us, so it was a miracle we came by. We had a great lesson with him. Its really cool becuase he usually just leads us into a lesson with his questions that he has. It was a really powerful lesson about the priesthood and prayer. We do everything in the church just so perfectly, and we also have the Lord guide us with a beginning prayer. 

Fri Jun 20. Today was a bunch of running around. The APs had to run a bunch of errands and we had to change cars with President for the weekend. Through the day, we had 2 corto plazos come and go. One we picked up at 2am. I went to the car wash with President and I was able to talk to him for about 25 minutes. He is an AMAZING man. I have no doubt he is called from our Heavenly Father to serve here. We also ran to the bank, to get gas, make plaques, pick the plaques up, buy a violin for a missionary choir in cerro this weekend, pharmacy, make copies of keys, and had a coorelation meeting. It was quite a day and pretty hectic.

I am ready for another fun week and change in the offices! I am ready to be a normal missionary and just preach the gospel all the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment