Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 48 - September 15, 2014

This week was the first week of the new change! We spent Pday at the temple and that was super great. Today we played soccer in the morning. 

We had a conference with the leaders of our church yesterday about the Doctrine of Christ. I was in charge of teaching 3 returned missionaries, which was super fun, especially since I had some good feedback (what I thought at least). We have had a lot of success teaching the Doctrine of Christ lately, found in 2 Nephi chapter 31, 3 Nephi 11 and 18. Those are the three chapters I like to use, but many prophets testify of the Doctrine of Christ and teach it. I have been thinking I want to teach yall that lesson in English if I can, when we skype on Christmas! We had a couple lessons this week and we had quite some success. One lady, Sonia, came to church for the first time in over 30 years this week! Even though it was raining! You all may laugh at that but thats a real problem here. When it rains, there are many people that dont go to church. Its a true faith tester. 

Gross Story: If you dont want to hear it, skip to the next paragraph. This week we had lunch at a ladys house and I ate so much that I threw up. Literally. It reminded me of when the Hasketts took me to a Brazilian Steakhouse and we had the buffet. I threw up after eating so much, then ate some more! :) Maybe that is some wrestling blood or reactions... 

This week I taught in the district meeting as District Leader. I was pretty nervous but then when I started it got better. I talked about being a successful missionary and what that means. I tied that into the Law of Consecration, which I have been studying lately and I love it. I really enjoy talking to all of my district and getting to know each of them. Its pretty fun! Tomorrow I am doing divisions with Elder Teloma, who was in Colonia, then followed me to Oeste, and then we both came to Cerro. He has been in my zone with me since I started the mission! I love having Elder Baggett and Elder Devashrayee serving as leaders with me. Elder Devashrayee is still the only ZL and I think that will be that way the whole change. We have one new ZL, and two new DLs. We are all new, but we are excited to work hard and make the Cerro Norte zone successful! 

Joseline and Felipe. This week we had a great lesson with them. They accepted the compromise to be baptized but they didnt want to set a date yet. They want to go church but Joseline has conflicting work schedules. 
Valentina has decided she will come back after talking to us this week. We talked to the temple president about a doubt she had and she will come to church two weeks from now with us! 
Flor has a doubt that she wont tell us. Its really bugging us too. We are always able to help her but she has to ask us questions first! She promised she would come to church this week, but she didnt. I would like to think its because of the rain. 

That is about it folks! I am doing great and I am glad to be where I am today! I am loving being a leader and dedicating myself everyday! I feel like I know the gospel so well now and my favorite part of everyday is studying something amazing and then teaching it. The church is true. The book is blue. I love you all a ton too!

Elder Cordy

No comments:

Post a Comment