Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 49 - September 22, 2014


Hey hows it going? I am doing pretty good. We had quite an interesting week. 
By the way, today I have one year left of service as a full time missionary. 

First, I have a couple stories. 
My Book of Mormon spine broke this week and I am hoping super glue can make it all work out. 
One night we had to run home to make it home on time. We had a couple people yelling at us from the high school as most people always do. The funny part about it is that one sister from church saw us from the bus and she sent  us a super nice message. She has a son on the mission in Argentina and she said she cried when she saw us running home and waving at the people yelling at us. 
My second District Meeting went super well. Awesome. I did an activity that everyone loved and there were a couple friends from a ward close to us that came because they are leaving on their missions soon. 
Divisions this week was with Elder Teloma. It was my first division as a DL. I loved it. It was super fun. Elder Teloma and I have been in the same zone since I was born. Every change for 8 changes. He is a super good teacher and I learned a lot. We had some bomb lessons. Its good to teach with people that are really good at teaching. Not everyone is just a good teacher for their time in the mission. 
I feel like we are making really good relationships with everyone in the ward now. We have a lot of member friends now and they are helping us work. 
Elder Morales and I had a really good week. We get along very well and we honestly can talk about anything together. He is a great kid. 
Interesting and scary story. This week we had service at Flor. I think last week I told yall that she said she was wondering about a doubt she had that she didnt want to ask us. She told me that she "sees me as a man but wants to wait until I finish the mission." I got pretty freaked out by that. I told her that we are missionaries who try and help people come closer to Christ and be baptized. If she doesnt want to change her life and become a disciple of Christ, we cant visit her anymore. She is like 45 years old. Needless to say, we dont go by her house as often. 
We had a couple blessings to give this week. Its pretty cool to be able to say a blessing in Spanish almost perfectly in "tu" form that we cant practice with people unless we are giving a blessing. It only took me about a year. 
This week we are going to the temple as a ward. We have permission because there is a sister that we have brought back to church after 30 years of not going who wants to go with us. 

I feel like I am becoming a really good missionary now. I feel like I can teach well and comfortably and I love the work. I need to talk with everyone all the time, but I am feeling like I have come a long way in a year. 
This week I feel like I have received revelation honestly. I have realized that I spend too much time thinking about home. I will write my family just the same amount, but my friends wont get quite as much detail in letters or emails. Im sorry but I gotta do it! This is what the Lord wants of me. 

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment