Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 51 - October 4, 2014

Hey everyone! This week was a pretty good week, especially compared to last week! 

We had interviews with President and they went great. He asked all of us to teach him the Doctrine of Christ lesson and I taught a part that was the most shaky for me. I told him that too and after he said, Elder Cordy, you teach great! I dont know why you dont feel totally confident. He also complimented my hair and told me I looked handsome. The man is an amazing President. 

Then after the hard week last week contacting and not having any luck, we received a call from a member who said he wanted us to visit his ex wife who wants us to visit her. She has received all the lessons but couldnt quit smoking. We went to visit her this week and she was super awesome. I felt like we walked into a miracle. She told us her whole story and then to make it all awesome, she told us that she didnt get baptized because she couldnt quit smoking for so long. Then she told us about a month ago, she quit smoking. HECK YEAH BABY Miracles happen! We want to give her a baptisimal date this week but I want her to go to church a couple more times. 

I had divisions with Elder Larrea this week, who has about a year and 5 months in the mission. He has been a district leader before, and he is a stud. I was super excited to do divisions with him, and it was great. He taught me a lot and we did some awesome work. We ended the last two hours of the day on divisions with older men from the ward. I went with the ward mission leader and we taught two lessons. It was super fun. 

While I was in Playa Pascual with Elder Larrea, Elder Morales and Elder Chuyes were in my area working hard. Elder Chuyes has a change less than me but man this guy is a heck of a missionary. They found a new investigator that is apparently amazing. I still havent met her but she went to a different church to watch general conference. 

The highlight of my week though was general conference. I loved the talks about sustaining the prophet and really doing the small things to have a strong testimony that is constantly growing. I loved the conference talks about the sacrament. That is the main focus with the Doctrine of Christ lessons that we are teaching and it really has made an impact in my life and my mission. I arranged some special divisions with Elder Baggett for conference so I could watch the conference in English and work with Elder Baggett. We were together for Saturday and Sunday and it was awesome. It was crazy to be with him almost a year after the MTC and see how much we have both grown. We stayed up way too late the first night talking but it was worth it. 

Other big news in the mission... We are opening new areas in BRASIL and ARGENTINA. We will have 4 Elders and 4 Hermanas in Argentina as well as 4 Elders in Brasil (Speaking and Learning Portuguese of course). For now, I am not one of the chosen ones, but hey ya never know! 

This week I will officially hit a year as a missionary! Its crazy to think how fast this year has gone by and how much I have learned and grown as a person and servant of my Heavenly Father. 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment