Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week 58 - November 24, 2014


Hey everyone! This week was pretty good and we have quite a couple cool stories! 

We found a lot of people first of all this week. That family that we got a message from saying they want to be baptized and married is AWESOME. They are going to figure out what they need to do to get married this week. We have had 3 lessons with them. Familia Santos. 
We tried to find the whole 2 other people that have been baptized in the last 2 years here. The 13 year old girl that had been baptized came out of her house with almost no clothes again so we decided it wouldnt be a great time for us to go through that. 
We talked to a man who is inactive too and he didnt even let us come in his house. He is a high priest and he said he stopped going to church because his wife died and no one came to visit him. 
I did divisions with Elder Finnegan, our Zone Leader this week. He is a STUD. for realz. He has a great attitude and teaches so well. I would literally love to be his companion or someone like him. 
We found a family of 8 this week. 7 girls. Only the mom believes in God. We had an interesting lesson with all of them and some of them were really receptive but the younger teenagers were just laughing the whole time. I hope they can be a cool miracle too! 
We have been working with Flor for a while now and only going by her house like once a week because she isnt progressing. However, I called her before church on Sunday and she came! It was super awesome. I feel totally comfortable in this ward now. I literally know everyone and most of them know my name. Its cool just to walk down every single isle of chairs and being able to say hi to everyone by their name. 
I gave an interview to a lady named Sandra in Playa Pascual for the Hermanas in my district this week. The lady knew everything but she talked my ears off. It was a 45 minute interview and I think I talked for 10 minutes. 
Elder Cline is doing pretty good! He is working to progress every week and I am trying to push him hard, even if he doesnt like everything I do. Dont get me wrong, Im not mean, but I make him go out of his comfort zone to learn new things! Its good though. 
I am doing super good though. I feel totally comfortable in the mission and I love it. I am seriously trying to learn portuguese now. I have a Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, a Dictionary from Portuguese to Spanish and a book with basic portuguese. I for real want to learn it. 
We have no lunches set with members this week, so it might be a rice week. 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment