Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 61 - December 17, 2014

Hello everyone! Its been a while since we have been able to write but Ive been having a great time! We have had a lot of practices for the choir fireside that we will have this Sunday. Its going to be awesome. I am directing the choir for half of the presentation and I really like directing. Its fun getting into it! Last Pday we spent on the beach with a bunch of missionaries from the zone. This week I had a really fun district meeting. I talked about opening your mouth as a missionary and I did a funny example and made some elders eat some gross stuff. We gave a lot of blessings this week too. Its crazy that I have to refill my oil container a lot! I did divisions this week with Elder Leiva from Guatemala. He is going to end the mission with me. He is a super fun kid. I loved my time with him. They have two investigators who are AWESOME. One of which will get baptized this week. I also have small holes in my shoes. Ive been using them since August 17th and they are already almost trash. I need to buy shoes soon. Elder Cline destroyed his shoes and two people offered and gave him shoes for free. We have a baptism scheduled for the 27th, which will be awesome! Alexander is going to get baptized and Elder CLine will baptize him! We are still working with a couple other people that need to get married. We have quite a few investigators now that just need to go to church and they will be good! I dont know why going to church is so hard! We had quite a few services this week. Including painting a bathroom, installing windows, and helping carry glass a couple kilometers. I feel like the members really enjoy and trust us! We had a ward Christmas party which was awesome. We just had a ton of food, which was wonderful. I also got some sick jerseys this week. a Black portugual jersey and a Barcelona one that has Luis Suarez on the back. 


The highlight of my week were the past two days. We went to the mission home and the temple. We had interviews with President, made personal covenants, sang Christmas carols, and did all the saving ordinances besides the sealings for our family members that we have found. I got to baptize Elder Cline and then he baptized me in the temple. It was such an amazing experience. I honestly think those were two of the coolest days of my mission. Being a missionary is seriously the best. I love the gospel and my Savior! I am so grateful for the gift that He is to us from our loving Heavenly Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment