Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 63 - December 29, 2014




FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! This week was pretty great with Christmas!
Last P Day we got to watch two Christmas movies, Frozen and Spirit. They were both very good. I have always loved the Spirit movie. 
In my district meeting this week I talked about the birth of Christ and then everyone shared their testimonies about Him. It was super awesome and spiritual. After the district meeting I started divisions  with Elder Nelson. We went to a part of their area that is very far away that they want to start building. We went there and KILLED IT. We found a ton of people and talked to maybe a ton (2,000). Alright maybe not that many people but it was a lot of people. We had a super fun time on divisions and I hope Elder Nelson learned a lot from them! The next day we walked 3 miles back to the beginning of our area while we were stopping to talk to people. I talked to a guy from Spain that moved here just 4 months ago. His accent was super cool and it made me think of the people I know serving there.
When I got back to my area we went out with the bishop and one of his counselors and visited 12 less active families. This was on Christmas Eve. It was a super great time and we had lots of good results. We had TWO BIG dinners that night and we got a couple presents from members too! When we got home we watched the fireworks that went off at midnight and we had to go outside to take a couple pics and videos! On Christmas morning we did service which was just literally moving around trash. It was fun though. Then we visited a bunch of families and had another big meal. 
We are entering the last two weeks of training of Elder Cline. I have learned a crazy amount during these two changes. I have been very humbled as district leader too. I am excited for the 14th of January when we have changes! 

I hope everyone is doing great! I felt awesome this week especially after being able to talk to my family. I really loved being able to teach all about Christ and having so many people listen to us. I know that Christ is the Gift from our Heavenly Father. How blessed we are for that never ending gift and the opportunity to be with our families forever! 

I LOVE YOU ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Elder Cordy

No comments:

Post a Comment