Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Friday, February 20, 2015

Week 70 - February 16, 2015

This week was interesting but this week will be very crazy. At 6 o`clock tonight I am going to get a kid from Uruguay who will serve with me for at least until next wednesday, which is when we have changes. My companion will also get a young man to work with. It will be quite an experience. We are doing it mainly because we have a giant area and we want to open an area where there are no members. So basically one of us will be working where we ususally work while the other companionship will be contacting in the new area. It will be a long week but I am sure I will learn a lot! 

This week we had rain for a while and when it rains here, no one is in the street and everyone sleeps way too long... We had a couple interesting things that happened this week. 
Solis told us that he didnt want to have us come by anymore. That happened on Thursday. Then on Sunday he showed up at church again so we talked to him. He said he prayed and he wanted to over come his disabilities.
We also had a random kid come up to us and ask us if he could come to church on Sunday. It happens a lot so we didnt think it was any different, so we told him where to go. He, unlike the majority of the kids, actually showed up to church! It was pretty cool! We want to work with his family a bit more. 
Marcelo is the stud who has come back to church and stopped smoking for about a month now! He is not living with his wife anymore but she came over this week. He thought she was coming to get a divorce but she was still there after 3 days so we thought something was up. He called us when we were at a service project cutting down trees and bushes with machetes. We went to his house and he was crying. He opened the door and all his wifes stuff was packed up and set on the couch by the door. He cried for like half and hour before his wife finally left and then he was able to talk and calm down a bit. She has a lot of problems with drugs and needs to change. She said she didnt want to hurt Marcelo and thats why she left. She isnt sure what she wants left. He is a super cool guy and he says we are his best friends. He needed a lot of help after that though. 
The craziest story of the week was on Friday night. Friday the 13th. We had just gotten home and we decided to have a Friday Feast so we bought stuff for tacos. We made some BOMB tacos and we ate well. We went to bed on time at 11:00At 12:30the ZLs got a call from some Elders and told them that there was something in their house. Like a spirit. They asked them to come over so they went. We stayed and slept. At 1:15 we got a call from the ZLs and they told us we had to go to the church too. We got clothes on and took off running the 4 kilometers to church. We ran for like 10 minutes and then my comp said he needed to walk for a bit. I admit, the tacos were not making it easy for a missionary who is out of shape to run. We walked for a bit and then finished running. When we got there they told us all the creepy things that had happened and then they called President Smith. He told us that we should just get some sleep and worry about it tomorrow. The ZLs went to the other Elders house and spent the night there. We walked home after running to the church and just listening to the stories. It was good to run but creepy to walk home at 2:30 after hearing stories like that... It was a great opportunity to understand the realness of the powers that are working against us and grow my testimony of the power of the priesthood as we "[sook] to take down power."

This week was pretty good though. I am happy that we have changes next week. Please dont freak out next monday when I dont write. It will be next Tuesday! We have a talent show this week and we are going to be dancing so I hope to have some sweet videos... On Saturday we have a big conference with an area 70 and half of the mission so I am stoked for that! 

I loved studying the story of the young rich boy in the bible this week. Sometimes it may seem like we are so close to heaven but the last step is what takes the most work! 
 
I hope everyone had a good Valentines day! Have a wonderful week! I love all of you! 

Quote of the week: If the power to do hard work is not talent, it is the best possible substitute for it!  




I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
I'll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'll honor his name.
I'll do what is right;
I'll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim!

No comments:

Post a Comment