Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 78 - April 20, 2015



Hows it going everyone? This week has been pretty fun and I am super excited about this coming week too!!! 

I did divisions with three different Elders this week. All three were in my area with some Elders from our zone. The first one was with Elder Castillo from Peru and we had a sweet lesson with a family that we found and then we went to a barbeque that we got invited to by a member of another ward who loves me because Im from Texas! :) Then I went with Elder De La Cruz from Spain who took my spot in the offices when I left. He is a fun kid who knows how to work hard. I really enjoyed my time with him. Then I went with Elder McGuire from Utah. He is good friends with Elder Huntsman and we just had time for one quick lesson because we had an hour together. 

This week I got to do two baptismal interviews for a companionship in my district. One of them was an older man who is blind. It was very interesting but it was a great experience. Then I interviewed a nine year old girl who was so darn cute. She was really impressive with her knowledge of the gospel. Her parents want to get baptized too but they are trying to stop smoking first. 

My convert here in Salto, Agustín just got the priesthood last week and on Sunday he passed the sacrament. It made me feel pretty proud. Now I feel like I kind of understand what parents feel the first time their kids pass the sacrament! He is such a stud! 

Our ward mission leader has been slacking lately and two hours before coorelation I decided to call him and confirm it with him so he wouldnt ditch us again. He said he would see us in two hours at the church. We went there and waited for an hour but he didnt show up. So the next day all four of us missionaries went to his house to have a surprise coorelation meeting. It worked out and all was good afterwards! Then he didnt go to church on Sunday.... I think we are going to start to teach our ward mission leader the lessons... 

Well the most interesting but gross story of the week this week was about my companion. Elder Kelly on Tuesday saw something weird on his back. It looked like a small bite of something but it kept getting worse as the days went on. He tried to pop it on Friday and a bunch of puss came out. Finally on Saturday he decided he couldnt deal with it anymore. We called people so we could go to the hospital. When we got there they immediately let us in and took a look at his back. they squeezed more puss and blood out of it and then told us that they have no idea what it is and that they would hook us up with a surgeon. Then they just gave him antibiotics and sent us off! We have an appointment today at 4 with the surgeon. We will see how that goes. 

Tomorrow we have a conference in Montevideo with Elder Dallin H. Oaks!!!! I am super excited for it! We leave tonight at midnight to Montevideo with the Salto and Artigas zones. Its a conference in the morning with just our mission but in the afternoon is the conference with Elder Dallin H. Oaks with the two missions! I am excited to see everyone and meet Elder Oaks for the second time (if I remember right he came to our stake a while ago). I am super excited too because I got asked to be in the choir for the conference. There is only 10 Elders and 10 Hermanas from our mission and they called and asked me! 

This week we had a lot of success with less actives but we just cant get any investigators to go to church! Its pretty frustrating but its part of life! I am loving the mission and loving Salto! 

2 Nephi 5:27  "Vivimos de una manera feliz!"
BE HAPPY! LOVE LIFE! I love you all! Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment