Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 81- May 11, 2015

Hey everyone! Wow this week was ridiculously good! Mainly because I got to skype my family.

This week we went to two differnent baptismal services. One where my companion baptized a girl, and another in our ward for the other elders. There were a bunch of cute little girls that got baptized and it was fun to see their reactions as they entered the chilly water! 
I did divisions with the Elders in my district this week. I went to their area and we had a great time. We gave a guy a baptismal date and it was super cool! Their house didnt have hot water and it was literally the coldest shower I have ever taken (not that I have taken very many). Still though, the water was ridiculously cold. 
We tried to set up a lot of Family Home Evenings this week with awesome members and we had 3 that were all just super fun. I really enjoyed them and my companion did too! 
We have an activity this next friday where we are going to watch the movie Meet the Mormons. We are planning a lot and its going to be awesome! 

Awesome news: I will not be leaving Uruguay until October! My parents are coming down and we are going to spend some time here together and go to all of my areas! I am super excited! 

Thanks to all of you that have supported me! I have 3 more changes left in the mission and wow is that crazy to say. I really appreciate all of your love and support. 

Quote of the week: Attitude by Charles Swindoll-
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

No comments:

Post a Comment