Elder Mitchel Cordy

Elder Mitchel Cordy

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 83 - May 25, 2015

Wow Artigas is awesome! I am really loving it so far! This is such a cool place and its amazing to be with an incredible missionary as my companion! That probably the highlight of being ZL, having a studly comp. We have been running around a lot, especially during changes. We had people get to the zone at 9am2pm2pm, and 2am the next day. We had to walk to centro, which is a long way away to greet the new missionaries in our zone! Plus we have the mission council tomorrow with all the ZLs and Sister Training leaders tomorrow and we had to do a bunch of graphs for that! I dont miss that part of the offices! 

Artigas is an amazing zone. We have some great missionaries and a ridiculously awesome group of leaders that support us. I think the main key to the great missionaries is that we have 6 companionships of Sisters and 5 companionships of Elders. 
In our zone we have 3 DLs. All three of them are new. We had a meeting with them on Thursday just to help them feel more comfortable about their meetings on Friday. The district meetings on Friday were fun. I went to our district meeting for the first half and it was really good. The DL taught a lot about the direction of the mission. Then I spent the other half in the Quaraí district meeting. Its the district with the missionaries serving in Brazil. The meeting was in Portuguese. It was super awesome because I literally could understand them! I have been practicing more and I can speak better but I can understand a lot now! Its super cool! 

My second day here we were working with our ward mission leader. We found Rodrigo, who is a 21 year old kid. We had an incredible lesson with him and we gave him a baptismal date during that first lesson. He is a stud and we are excited to work with him! He went to travel this weekend though so he didnt come to church. 

Elder Amaral and I have been thinking about things that we want to do this change so that it will be incredible. We want to do this: FLOOD the earth with the Book of Mormon. We have been studying and praying a lot about this. We have come up with the idea to have a stake study from the Book of Mormon. We went to President Bueno´s house (which btw is probably the most incredible family ever.) Presidente Bueno is our stake president. He is in our ward which makes things super easy for us. We have come up with 15 stories from the book of mormon that all of the families in the stake are going to study, one story every week. Then we are going to have each ward present two skits of these stories. I dont know if I explained it well but we already talked with our stake president and bishop and they love the idea! 

The Bueno family is amazing. He is our stake president, she is our primary president, and they have 5 kids. 3 are theirs and 2 are adopted. This week they are giong to have two kids from the states come and stay with them until July I believe. The kids are 13 and 15. They are coming just to have an experience. Their parents are from Mexico and Peru and they want their kids to learn spanish and experience south america!
Every Sunday the missionaries eat with the Bueno family. They bring two big tables together. One tradition they have is that the missionaries make dessert. It was my turn yesterday. I made crepes with dulce de leche! At first they were too thick but I got the hang of it after a while! Mom I need some easy quick recipies now too for dessert! 

I am so glad to be able to be here in Artigas. I feel like I have changed so much over the last almost 20 months and I am so grateful for that change. I know that two years in ANY college (BYU, Harvard, the Air Force Academy, or the University of Oklahoma) couldnt have changed me like this. I am so grateful that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me so much. I am so grateful that he loves and trusts me enough to teach his gospel, even though I understand just a little part of it! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know it is the word of God and that if anyone reads it and lives what it teaches, they will return and live with our Heavenly Father again. The gospel is amazing and its true! 

#InundarLaTierraConElLibroDeMormón


No comments:

Post a Comment